yellow fever mosquities
Yellow Fever Mosquitoes
Yellow fever mosquitoes, also known as Aedes aegypti, are a type of mosquito that is responsible for transmitting the yellow fever virus. These mosquitoes are known to be active during the day, and they are commonly found in urban areas. They breed in stagnant water, such as in flower pots, discarded tires, and other containers.
Prevention of Yellow Fever Mosquito Bites
- Use insect repellent that contains DEET or a similar ingredient
- Cover up with long-sleeved shirts and pants
- Stay indoors during peak mosquito activity times (dawn and dusk)
- Use mosquito nets over beds
- Eliminate standing water around your home
Treatment for Yellow Fever
Unfortunately, there is no specific treatment for yellow fever. Treatment is focused on easing symptoms and supporting the patient's immune system. If you are traveling to an area where yellow fever is endemic, it is important to get vaccinated before you go.