Hackerrank - Two Strings Solution
Given two strings, determine if they share a common substring. A substring may be as small as one character.
For example, the words "a", "and", "art" share the common substring . The words "be" and "cat" do not share a substring.
Complete the function twoStrings in the editor below. It should return a string, either
NO based on whether the strings share a common substring.
twoStrings has the following parameter(s):
- s1, s2: two strings to analyze .
The first line contains a single integer , the number of test cases.
The following pairs of lines are as follows:
- The first line contains string .
- The second line contains string .
- and consist of characters in the range ascii[a-z].
For each pair of strings, return
2 hello world hi world
We have pairs to check:
- , . The substrings and are common to both strings.
- , . and share no common substrings.
Solution in Python
def twoStrings(s1, s2): return "YES" if set(s1) & set(s2) else "NO" for _ in range(int(input())): print(twoStrings(input(), input()))